Strategic IT Planning Produces Positive Outcomes: Laraway CCSD 70c, Joliet, IL
Laraway CCSD is a two-school (Oak Valley School and Laraway School) elementary school district of 400 students on the south side of Joliet. Their mission to provide high quality education in a safe, positive, inviting, and supportive environment with respect and open communication that focuses on the continuous improvement of academic and social achievement to help each child develop to his or her greatest potential. To ensure high levels of learning for their students they have also developed community partnerships with such groups as the Boys and Girls Club, Vulcan, and the YMCA of Joliet.
- Old and outdated software and hardware
- Limited Wi-Fi Coverage and security
- Lack of secure back-ups and redundancy
- Old equipment kept failing and was not scalable to make new software more available to teachers and students
- Needed IT infrastructure to help school provide the ability to bring together technology and learning for students in the classroom
- Battery back-up and surge protection
- Needed to improve the Internet filtering to protect students against Internet hazards
How We Helped
Over a four-month period...
- Coordinated and planned the installation of new wiring and infrastructure in the building
- Helped purchase the needed equipment (servers, switches and firewalls) while keeping their educational goals and budget in mind
- Implemented secure Wi-Fi throughout buildings
- Implemented new content filtering and firewall hardware to promote Internet safety for students
- Performed full build-out, configuration, server operations system, set-up of user accounts, added work stations to new network, set up and configured data back-up of each workshop to network
- Faster secure Internet communication
- Computer availability for each grade level
- Software available with easy access for students and staff
- Improved efficiency of internal network communication
- Laraway students from Pre-K-8th grade are now better prepared for their studies and the work that awaits them
The ease of working with Jason in getting this big project completed has been impressive. His knowledge about the products and his contacts, in the companies he recommended, were extremely helpful. I never hesitate doing business with you!
Valerie Teegardin, Administrative Assistant, Laraway CCSD 70c, Joliet, IL